Thursday, June 21, 2012

feast of figs

feast of figs

ravens are rare here
I find when I fumble stumble across one
should I be so lucky
I fall onto my knees searching for
the stars, corvus!

I think of the greeks and babylonians
the hydras tail, the raven and adad
the story of apollo's raven
and the feast of figs,
the punishment
of being stuck in the sky, thirsty for all time.
the cost was high, I recoil.

I immediately search for headstones
marble carved eyes
cemeteries
that’s where the stars
live these days
onyx forms
perched and crooning over
named and muted pale stones
under storms of rusty steel wool.

1 comment:

  1. "marble carved eyes
    cemeteries
    that’s where the stars
    live these days"

    A friendly bacchanal gives up on the stars for the ultimate pull that is the 'unknown country'?

    Fuck my analysis. Great poem, Candi.

    ReplyDelete