Wednesday, October 28, 2015

au/tumn


au/tumn

the moment of awe
the moment of awe

it hit me the other night
when I was driving [car wrecked thoughts]
]headlights]brake lights[crumple of foil[and inflation]

and a sudden deluge of yellow came 
at me like lightning
from the trees

sudden sense/awoken

and I remembered the gravity of the leaves
and how that was it [physics]magic]math]math]math]

it wasn’t the action of falling
but of the air in between [pushing up]what is coming down]
[spin]span[spun]

it was the gravity
that is it

the awe is in the gravity



the spectral visualization of gravity
autumn, that’s where my loves lies
it is autumn, always had been, autumn.
I remember now
how my heart hurt this year

I could have died
I could have died

like this autumn was so far in front of me
that I grew numb and I grew cold
and I forgot the aw of autumn

and how without autumn 
I would cease to be

and how one year in autumn I will
cease to be

because that is where I want to fall, you see
that is where I want the fall to be.






1 comment: