Saturday, December 12, 2009

9 Billion Scales Out of Whack

In response of reading "Infection" By Joseph Jengehino


9 Billion Scales Out of Whack



You and I are the same,
we rot at about the same rate,

fruit of another tree,
from another country-

air more or less salty
preserves one longer than the other maybe?

Brilliant discourse can cure ailment
mind over matter and all that,

can create worlds beyond bordered countries
bridges between genders

break language and cultural barriers alike-
because we are, the equality;

9 billion some odd scales out of whack,
that is all,

that the few wise ones
try to help balance.

sunshine in place of moonshine-
rainwater in place of drought.

I tell myself, to not let the world in too much-
to not give alot, only take a little

to keep the tent doors mostly shut
so as to keep the saharan sandstorm
from flurrying in,

from blinding me,
drowning me in tiny rocks~

Earth filling lungs
early grave that summons me

to wake up,
be reborn

and walk to you,
and others like you

for the answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment