Monday, November 16, 2009

Blue Gold & Pink

Blue Gold & Pink

Does anyone believe in love anymore?
Love bleeds a rare blood,

shared.

That is supposed to be
There to watch us parish.

This is such a strange day-
A dove death,

white as ivory,
a shoebox funeral by the apple tree.

This day,
Filled with questions, upon questions that contradict one another-

these questions unanswered have left holes-
In me.

For these are the questions that remain always answerless,
with infinite alternate endings.

This day reaching round bends with blind-spots
that I'll never know were there all along-

glistening polka dots
Blue gold pink

Simple circles paint my mind,

sharp curved edges blunt my peripheral-
of unknown feelings felt,

These stark white walls I’ve been pinned against-
the clinical sterile smell.

I’m so close to loss, a loss absolute,

there’s a metallic taste on my lips,
That doesn't belong to me.

I can’t descry-
Painted blue gold pink

On the canvas of this day-
Curved confusion,

Ambulance lights red and blue,

Sirens blare hysteria-
A stranger,

A woman dies alone,
an aisle spill-

She was alone,
Though I was there,

Peeking around the bend,

a confused child with circles of pink blue and gold in my eyes-
As I got a little closer,

Crouched down,

put my face on the ground parallel.
To keep her comfort,

loveless this woman lied dead,
for he was not there to watch her die,

no one she knew to watch her die,
There was only I,

whispering an ode to soothe-

I looked into her eyes,
Dead

Mine alive.

I watched the light leave,
simply go away.

I couldn’t help but ponder,
Where did her light go?

All her love, where?

This answerless
answer;

Like dove death.

No comments:

Post a Comment