Sunday, November 22, 2009

Flood Waters

Flood Waters




Went to hike down the trails by the train track-
Flooded out by the lake, by the creek-

My now leech tongue- drained of blood,

For I’m
Boatless,

Nowhere natural to go, to write, without a boat,
We are drifting down currents of uncertainty.


The water was onyx black, reflecting the autumn skeletons, branches sunken
Like the teeth of the dead half buried in loam,

Marbled cobalt-ivory sky above,

And the sun was finally out-
Blaring lemon against the tarry blackness;

Of flood waters
Unreceded,

Black and yellow,
The new Black and white.

I found this zesty, yet strange-
Put me into a daze-

Then I came to this place, to warm my hands-
Warmth to softly bandage,

My cut hands that tainted these blackened clairvoyant
New waters-

Poisoned now by traces of my O negative perfume.

Lucid I sat there, read your words, un natural setting unwelcoming,
Went back to the flood,

Waded into the trails,
With uncertainty below in the under tow that fills my boots now-

With onyx below and yellow above-

was stunned to read your words
that mirrored thoughts unfolding in my mind like photographs
just then.

No comments:

Post a Comment