Monday, November 23, 2009

Vetivert

Vetivert



Needs him near,
to stave off these thoughts of naught-

these thoughts of all
entirety.

Surround us
are lovely

bloodfilled hearts,
sonnets-

full with ardour-
gift wrapped

under long black trench coats,
platinum cuff links,

brass buttons
and linked pearls and gold-

are the satin ribbons
and bows

unwrapped,
bare pear flesh devoured

in warm fired room
beside

feathered frosty
windowpane.

Men with coal hearts
look into the windows
of jewellers,

displays of bound-
garnets, amethyst,

rubies, canary,
emerald-

secretly
pine for their hues.

Rumination of many minds'
weighing heavily in these leafless trees.

Simple minded prayers, thoughts, well wishes,
ill wishes, stresses, grief, worries, cynicisms,
so on and so on-

colour gamut of our world.

~feel the sand hit my lobe
when I lift the peachy sea shell to ear-

the longing to be taken away,
to hear oceans hissing from across the globe- call to me,

funneled now-
into canal~

to mind,
subconcious,

imagination,
perceived reality;

reminding me of this metonymy
of ecstatic life-

I drink water from the cup of blood,
of mud, from being, from earth;

to become, blood, mud, earth
and water.

I implore to be taken away-
a mythical hitchhiker on the backs of blue whales

then,
a tidal being-
a sea thing,

swept into the sticky spring green weeds-
a vetivert root

tossed over the capacious sea
from tofino's surf

to Japan, Alaska, Russia,
washed ashore-

drowned-alive
a still-born
taking first breath

in the after world.

Fairytale love, I wish for-
some foreign ice prince,

ever so-
unlikely preserved;

my countenance blank-
washed,

my roots of vanilla and amber-
acrid-

over abyss, salt. ice,
and slow-

death.

1 comment: